A summer coastal walk with uni mates in Royal National park, Sydney

On one of my journeys migrating my stuff from Sydney to Melbourne I checked in with some mates from university. They were heading off for a walk from Bundeena to Otford and asked if I would like to tag along. The forecast was for fine weather,  and always one up for adventure I said yes.
view of the sea cliffs.
The accommodation on offer was free in all respects. Camping on the shore perched above the ocean cannot be bettered by any luxury hotel in my books.
camping on the shore line.
Early on Saturday morning we caught the train to Cronulla and the first ferry to Bundeena. The walking was quite spectacular, but at times demanding. The first day was 20 or so km and  I wasn't walking fit so suffered; more so on the descents. My knees were really letting me know that I was alive with their angry protestations. 
the way down is hard work.
We swam, we camped, we chatted and sang. No boozing which was great, just a good fun time. The water was warm and no rips present. 
swimming hole.
This walk was well worth doing and is also documented at:
    enjoying the viewpoint.


    Blog Indexes:

    Comments