Ko Phi Phi. Fun in the sun.

Ko Phi Phi. refers to a group of islands off Krabi in western Thailand. I chose this as it is a bit more low key than Phuket and Koh Samui. It was the right choice for me, I hate crowds and over built tourism areas.
Boat moored on tranquil water
Eschewing the resort offerings, I went to a backpackers at the far end of the island.  I stayed in a simple straw and wood hut. That is all you need on an island I reckon. 
Ko Phi Phi island.
There is something about the sea air, sun and tropical life. In all my time here in Thailand I didn't indulge in the ladies. Here was a different story. Normally I am quite shy of these matters but something clicked here. Anyway I was a young person in his twenties, nothing wrong with a new lady every couple of days is there ? 
Ladies sunbathing.
Monkey. This one and its family were well behaved and remained distant from us.
Monkey in tree.
It is a tourist island, so all sorts of things are on offer: fishing, sight seeing and so on. 
Fishing.
I had to go to Khao Phing Kan which was sold as "James Bond Island" because it was featured in The Man with the Golden Gun. It was fun and worth the journey.
James Bond island.
With plenty of time on our hands we helped the locals in their construction efforts. Just as well as the joinery needed a bit of professional assistance. Within our team we had a carpenter, engineer and a few other handy souls.
Building works on the island.
Ko Phi Phi, a fitting finish to my 5 weeks in Thailand. I learnt a lot by travelling in Thailand, it is such a different culture and a lot about myself too in dealing with those differences. Where English is a second language, the writing is illegible in its non European form, the words are pronounced phonetically and the way of living is so much different to our way. It has ignited a desire to travel to different nations around the world.
sunset.
Footnote:
  1. Going back to Bangkok I stayed in Krabi mainland town. Here I had a seafood skewer off a street stall. Bad move. It was about 3pm that thing was filled with bacteria. I ended up with a good dose of food poisoning to the extent that I was hallucinating. Luckily the backpacker's manager knew what was happening and gave me some medication: I won't ask what it was, just to say it worked.
  2. Catching the bus. Some of the travelers had their bags under the seat. Whilst asleep they were pilfered. For some reason I had mine in my arms and was next to the window so nothing happened there.
  3. More on the luck front: on the bus I scored myself a new girlfriend . Kick myself: this is not happening to me !
Couple in cave.

Blog Indexes:

Comments